The warmth of the sun, the sounds of the birds and the bees, and the smell of a cook-out nearby all spell summer.
As we get ready to flip our calendars and head towards JULY, we think about all of the things we want to do during this special season. Like many, we've been busy crossing things off our summer to-do list, but there is still more we want to squeeze in.
- 1. Ride a bike
- 2. Catch lightening bugs in a jar
- 3. Eat an ice-cream cone (or two or three)... Yum!
- 4. Plant something with the kids...herbs, delicious smelling lavender ( to keep the bugs away), tomatoes (to top off our salads)
- 5. Pick strawberries
- 6. Pick blueberries
- 7. Go camping
- 8. Go for a walk in the rain
- 9. Catch a butterfly
- 10. Have a picnic
- 11. Go fishing
- 12. Paint rocks
- 13. Go swimming
- 14. Watch the sun rise and set
- 15. Read a few good books
- 16. Draw
- 17. Keep a summer-fun journal or scrapbook of your family-fun adventures
- 18. Watch a baseball game
- 19. Dance outside in the grass
- 20. Start a seashell or rock collection
- 21. Make lemonade
- 22. Set up a lemonade stand
For more Summer Living ideas, check out Martha Stewart's site. She has a variety of terrific summer-time craft ideas, photos and recipes (including many varieties of thirst quenching lemonade).
Martha Stewart's travel and activity ideas